Monday, June 30, 2014

And Still Champion...

"Uhmuhguh. (belch) Ughhhh."

Coco sat hunched over in the corner of her cage, moaning and groaning.

"Honey pie! What's the matter? Are you not feeling well?" I moved in closer.

"BACK. THE HELL. UP!" Coco yelled.

"Ok, ok!" I put my hands up and took a few steps back. "Just tell me what I can do to help you."

She slowly lifted her head and peered at me from behind a fallen tuft of fur. 
"I entered a drinking competition against myself last night...and I won. I drank four glasses of red wine, a whiskey on the rocks, a Tequila Sunrise, three espresso shots to recharge, and finished up the evening with a solo case race." She breathed very heavily.

"Poor baby. I think that was waaay too much alcohol for you to drink." I reached out to lower the blinds. "Maybe a nap will help you feel better." 

Coco remained still. "Didn't you hear me? I said 'I won.' This is the greatest day of my entire life. Do me a solid and empty the contents from your favorite coffee mug, and bring it to me so I can throw up in it."


No comments:

Post a Comment