Thursday, June 26, 2014

Low Down & Ugly

I held my head under the running water in the tub, scrubbing the excess dye from my scalp when I heard yelling.

"Coco is that you??"

I turned the water off and wrung out my hair, wrapping my head in a towel-type turban.

"Coco!...Can you hear me?"

Coco's wild yelling was now becoming clearer, as I discovered she was in fact singing.
That much I could definitely tell, but it was not until I stepped out of the tub, walked down the hall and opened my door, that the words made sense.

"CAAAAAAUSE, I'VE GOT FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES, WHERE THE WHISKEY DROWNS AND THE BEER CHASES MY BLUUUUUES AWAY! AND I'LL BE OK."

She was swaying back and forth, singing at the top of her lungs, with a Coronita in one paw and a rocks glass of Jack Daniels in the other.

"Coco! That's it, you're grounded! Getting plastered is one thing, but Garth Brooks??"

I reached in her cage and took the nearly empty beverages from her. "You're in time out, little girl. I don't want to hear another word outta you."

She kicked her litter across the cage. "You're as mean as a damn rattlesnake."

I turned around and shook my finger in her general direction. "Excuse me, I believe I said 'not another word.' I'll be back up here to check on you in a bit." 

Coco lowered her head. I turned again and as I closed the door, I heard her singing again quietly. I shook my head and started down the stairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment