Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3rd

"I'm outta here, sucker! And don't try to find me," Coco yelled as I walked in the room.

"Ha! Nice flag, Coco. Did you steal that from the 7-Eleven?" I jabbed back.

"Actually I stole it from the neighbor's yard, idiot. But that lady is like...100 years old or something. She'll never notice it's gone." Coco laughed hysterically.

"So, why are you 'outta here' as you so plainly put it?" I leaned in to pet her cheek, I could smell the vodka. 

"It's Independence Day. It's the g-damn 4th of July. And I'm leaving you. It's time I went out on my own, because I've proven that I can be independent." She held her head up high, looking rather majestic.

"Coco, it's July 3rd. And Independence Day is not a time for you to leave home unless you really think you're ready. Are you sure you want to go?"

She nodded. "I'm sure."

I tapped her toe with my finger. "I just replenished the liquor..."

Coco licked my hand. "Get out my sweatpants. We're partying tonight!!!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment